(WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health has since reported a total of 496 new cases of COVID-19 and 22 more deaths Report from Tuesday.
That brings the nationwide total to 1,206,935 cases and 27,417 deaths attributable to COVID-19.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of in-hospital patients continues to decline after peaking at 2,661 patients, slightly below the spring 2020 high of 2,751 patients on May 3, 2020. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found Here.
The statewide percent positivity for the week of May 28 through June 3 was 2.9%.
COVID-19 vaccine distribution
Pennsylvania hospitals received deliveries of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the week of December 14 and the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for the week of December 21. The Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine was first allocated to Pennsylvania the week of March 1st
On Friday April 23rd, the CDC and FDA announced to all COVID-19 vaccine providers that the break in administration of doses of the vaccine has been lifted by Johnson & Johnson (Janssen). Following the announcement, Pennsylvania resumed Janssen vaccinations.
Pennsylvania vaccination numbers do not include Philadelphia, which is its own jurisdiction, nor federal agencies that work directly with the federal government.
Federal data for all 67 districts:
- According to the CDC, on Wednesday morning June 9th, Pennsylvania gave 59.8% of the total population the first doses of the vaccine, and the state ranks 9th out of all 50 states for first doses by the percentage of Population were administered.
- According to the CDC, as of Wednesday morning June 9, 56.3% of Pennsylvanians ages 18 and older are fully vaccinated while 72.5% received their first dose.
- Pennsylvania ranks 5th on Wednesday morning, June 9, according to the CDCthe among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Nationwide data representing the 66 counties within the vaccine jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health:
- Vaccine providers have delivered a total of 10,967,544 doses of vaccine as of Wednesday June 9th.
- 4,945,265 people are fully vaccinated, with more than 31,700 people being vaccinated per day on a moving seven-day average.
- 1,487,187 people are partially vaccinated, which means they received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 6,432,452 people received at least their first dose.
- This week through June 12, a total of 11,946,240 doses will be allocated:
- 299,960 first / single doses will be given this week
- 299,960 second doses will have been allocated this week
- To date, through June 8th, we’ve given a total of 10,967,544 doses:
- First / Single Doses: 6,432,452 administered
- Second dose: 4,535,092 administered
Fully vaccinated individuals may choose not to wear a mask indoors or outdoors unless directed by the company or organization as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).