(WKBN) – The Pennsylvania Department of Health reported a total of 450 new cases of COVID-19 and 35 new deaths since Monday’s report.
That brings the nationwide total to 1,206,439 cases and 27,395 deaths attributable to COVID-19.
The trend in the 14-day moving average number of in-hospital patients continues to decline after peaking at 2,661 patients, slightly below the spring 2020 high of 2,751 patients on May 3, 2020. The full 14-day moving average since the start of the pandemic can be found Here.
The statewide percent positivity for the week of May 28 through June 3 was 2.9%.
COVID-19 vaccine distribution
Pennsylvania hospitals received deliveries of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the week of December 14 and the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for the week of December 21. The Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine was first allocated to Pennsylvania the week of March 1st
On Friday April 23rd, the CDC and FDA announced to all COVID-19 vaccine providers that the break in administration of doses of the vaccine has been lifted by Johnson & Johnson (Janssen). Following the announcement, Pennsylvania resumed Janssen vaccinations.
Pennsylvania vaccination numbers do not include Philadelphia, which is its own jurisdiction, nor federal agencies that work directly with the federal government.
Federal data for all 67 districts:
- According to the CDC, on Tuesday morning June 8th, Pennsylvania gave 59.6% of the total population the first doses of the vaccine, and the state ranks among all 50 states at the first doses given by the percentage of the population on 9.
- According to the CDC, as of Tuesday morning June 8th, 55.9% of Pennsylvanians ages 18 and older are fully vaccinated while 72.3% received their first dose.
- According to the CDC, Pennsylvania ranks 5th on Tuesday morning June 38ththe among all 50 states for total doses administered.
Nationwide data representing the 66 counties within the vaccine jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health:
- Vaccine providers have delivered a total of 10,925,445 vaccine doses through Tuesday, June 8.
- 4,917,549 people are fully vaccinated; with a seven-day moving average of more than 30,500 vaccinations per day.
- 1,498,579 people are partially vaccinated, which means they received one dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- 6,416,128 people received at least their first dose.
- This week through June 12, a total of 11,946,240 doses will be allocated:
- 299,960 first / single doses will be given this week.
- 299,960 second doses will have been allocated this week.
- To date, as of June 7th, we’ve given a total of 10,925,445 doses:
- First / single doses: 6,416,128 administered
- Second dose: 4,509,317 administered
Fully vaccinated individuals may choose not to wear a mask indoors or outdoors unless directed by the company or organization as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).