US stock futures trended higher, suggesting that major indices would show mixed performance after the opening bell, an extension of recent choppy but range-bound trading.
- S&P 500 futures rose 0.2%. Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average were flat. Contracts for the tech-heavy Nasdaq-100 were up 0.6%.
- The U.S. trade deficit narrowed to $ 68.9 billion in April from $ 75 billion in March, the Commerce Department said.
- 10-year government bond yields fell from 1.570% to 1.529%. The dollar has risen and oil prices have fallen slightly. Read our full market serving here.
- Job opportunities numbers are expected to be released at 10 a.m. ET.
must report profits after the market closes.
Market movers in view
- Shares in
rose to be the newest after surfacing Aim for retailers on Reddit Forums. The healthcare company’s share price rose over 32% on Monday and rose another 37% in pre-trading on Tuesday.
: The online apparel company’s losses decreased in the third fiscal quarter as sales increased 44%, boosted by an increase in customers shopping online. Before the IPO, the shares rose by 11%.
- Shares in
fell 8.9% before the bell. The company forecast a loss in fiscal 2022 and named Tony Tiscornia as its new chief financial officer.
‘s share lost 1.7% before the bell. The operator of a content delivery network service used by many websites has reported problems with their services. It was unclear whether the wider one Website outages were reported in the US and Europe early Tuesday were related.
Stocks rose 3.1%. The China Passenger Car Association said the electric vehicle maker sold 21,936 Shanghai-made vehicles in China and exported 11,527 cars overseas as of May.
gained 5.6% after the chipmaker’s record quarterly sales.
3.2% slipped. The real estate investment trust said it plans to raise approximately $ 395 million in a stock offering to fund potential investors and repay debt.
lost 1.2% after the online craft market proposed a private offer of $ 1 billion in convertible bonds late Monday.
- Traders last week spent $ 11.6 billion on options contracts tied to AMC Entertainment Holdings. more than the SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust, Invesco QQQ Trust and Tesla Inc. have joined forces, according to data from Cboe Global Markets. Options on these stocks are typically among the most popular on the market.
- Biogen stocks 38% increased the first such approval of a drug on Monday after US regulators gave the go-ahead for the drug known as aducanumab Treat Alzheimer’s in almost two decades.
- According to the International Energy Agency, the demand for lithium for batteries is expected to increase by a factor of 30 by 2030. Cobalt and nickel are also needed for batteries while Copper is used by transmission lines, electric vehicles, and wind turbines.
Chart of the day
- The rally in stocks like
triggered an outbreak of options trading, turn the traditional dynamics in the derivatives market upside down. The once-unknown corner of the market has seen a boom this year, with many new investors trying their hand at the pandemic shutdowns.
Got to read since you went to bed
Copyright © 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All rights reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8