HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Hampton City officials are increasing opening hours for community centers and libraries.
City officials say vaccinated residents are not required to wear masks. The rental of facilities is also being offered more and more.
Children aged 5 and over are asked to continue to wear a mask and social distance, as per CDC instructions. City officials say they will follow these guidelines for all youth programs ages 5-17.
Unvaccinated people must also wear masks.
Check out the latest changes below:
- Currently open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- From June 21st, meeting and study rooms will be available to the public for meetings. From this date onwards, the hours on the pre-Covid schedules will be increased.
From Monday, June 14th, new opening times will begin in the park’s indoor facilities:
- Fort Monroe, North Phoebus, Northampton and West Hampton are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Room rentals and special events are offered seven days a week.
- (Until then only open for fitness activities and room rentals, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- YH Thomas: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Weekends based on rental / special events.
- Little England: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; Weekends based on rental / special events.
- Fox Hill: Working with the board to set “normal” operating hours.
- (No regular opening times until then.)
- Senior Center: Monday and Wednesday, 8.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.; Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (This week, Hampton Senior Center, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday)
- Therapeutic recovery center: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., on weekends for special occasions.
Facility rental will resume on June 21st.
- Hampton Aquatic Center (by appointment Monday-Thursday, 8 am-12pm for limited lap routes) To schedule an appointment, go to Facility Rentals; call 757-727-6831 (Fort Monroe Community Center) or 757-766-1510 (Hampton Aquatic Center); or reserve a lane personally on site. Reservations for one-hour slots can be made 24 hours in advance.
- Fort Monroe Pool is temporarily closed as repairs are complete.
- The opening times remain limited due to a lack of staff.
Hampton Historical Museum:
- Museum: Fully open Monday-Saturday, 9:00 am-5:00pm; Sunday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hampton Carousel: Fully open. Tuesday-Sunday, 11 am-8pm, closed on Mondays.
- Air Power Park: outdoor exhibits are open daily from sunrise to sunset; Indoor viewing times: Monday-Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Parks / outdoor areas open:
- Open sports fields or practice and play
- Basketball courts
- Beaches (lifeguards on Outlook Beaches at Buckroe and Fort Monroe); Buckroe comfort station also open
- Bluebird Gap Farm
- BMX track in Gosnold’s Hope Park
- Community gardens
- Favorite stadium
- Dog parks
- Fishing in Armistead Pointe and Sandy Bottom Natural Park
- Golf courses and facilities
- Activities of the Hampton Clean City Commission
- Hampton Tennis Center
- James T. Wilson fishing pier
- Parks, paths and open spaces
- Sandy Bottom Nature Park, campgrounds, picnic huts, and kayak / boat rentals available (yurt rentals resuming June 10)
- Volleyball courts
- War memorial stadium
- Woodlands Skatepark
- Charles H. Taylor Visual Arts Center
- American theater
- Hampton Roads Convention Center (used as a vaccination clinic site)